Monday, June 29, 2009

Wizard's First Rule




Richard and Kahlin from Legend of the Seeker


Right now I am listening to the audiobook of Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. If you have watched the TV Show Legend of the Seeker - the show is based on this series of books. WFR is the first in the series.

My Sweetie has read all the books, which is why we started watching the show, and has been bugging me to try them. I finally relented and got an audio copy from the library. It was hard to pay attention at first, Goodkind goes into a TON of descriptives which I find slightly boring. In fact, i almost gave up on it after getting to Chapter 7. Sweetie told me I hadn't even reached the good stuff yet!

The show does not have any of the same main story themes as the book does so it's like seeing the characters do extra things. The show just adds to the books.

Since deciding to continue listening, I am finding I want to hear/read more and more of the book. The dynamic relationship between Richard and Kaylin is MUCH more developed in the story - and even though I know more than I should about certain things I am finding myself wondering what the outcome will be!

So, my Twilight Saga Audiobooks are still sealed and sitting on my bookshelf. I promised my Sweetie i would tackle this first before he added those to iTunes. I think he's sort of holding them captive actually lol

So Edward and Bella will have to wait for me to travel to Forks in my mind again.


Oh yeah, and another perk to the show ;)

No comments: