Friday, July 10, 2009

Prude

Today I watched a movie I hadn't watched since I was in college. Why? Because I always thought I hated it. Then I remembered, that I was offended by a playful scene that involved nudity. It was not sexual at all! Although apparently my prudish mind thought it was just horrid. I think I remember refusing to actually watch the rest of the film!

After watching it today, I actually enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed seeing some actors I like in their younger years. And the storyline was a good one. Of course, the only thing I remembered about it before was that it was a horrid film. I couldn't remember what the movie was actually about!

Just another point to show that as I have aged I have matured and broadened my mind. Oddly enough, some friends of mine from way back and even family members expect me to the prude and end up in shock of facts like, I have tattoos and will use the occasional cuss word (gasp, at least that is what I would do in the past).

I guess just like wine gets better with age, so do some people. Some might spoil and become tart but others become rich with the flavor as it ferments and evolves from everything around it. There is much to be said from seeing things from the other side of the street.

No comments: