Friday, July 31, 2009

Only Love Can Leave Such a Mark....

September 12th is drawing near and my excitement is building. I have seen stills of the concert in action, but I have refused to watch any video from it. I want to walk into Soldier Field experiencing the full force of the 360 tour, surprises and all.

Over the last few days I have been pulling out some of U2's older work. K had never heard Zooropa. As I drove and the music played I heard nothing but the sound of the music, a rare occasion in my car with a chatty 5 year old. I asked him if he knew who was playing the music, he said he didn't know so I told him it was U2. He didn't believe me LOL!

I said, "U2 made this album...." I paused realizing how long it had been since Zooropa released, "about 15 years ago...wow."

Anyway, I am starting to jabber on like my favorite Irish man likes to....lol

All this to say that in preparation of seeing U2 for the first time in three years I'm going to post daily (hopefully) about different songs. I hope it primes me for what I will experience. And I hope it might help those of you who do not understand my obsession to join me ;)

The song I chose to highlight today is Magnificent. One of my favorite songs off of U2's new album. In fact, it has sparked a new idea for my next tattoo....but I digress once again.

Today I was cruising around U2.com and watched the video for Magnificent for the first time. I had seen images of the shoot, but never watched the whole thing.

I wanted to link directly to the video but there it's not possible. If you want to see it click here then go to the third column and follow it down to the 6th row.

You won't be able to see the full thing, unless you are a member of U2.com, but you will get a good taste of what the video is like.

It amazes me how Bono still seems to woo the microphone as he sings into it. You can witness it for yourself in this video, with or without the membership.

No comments: