Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!


Fittingly, Sweetie and I finished watching the John Adams HBO mini series this week. If you haven't seen it you really should. It opened my eyes to the sacrifices that were made so we could be free and remain free. Before the movie, I only knew of John Adams as being the 2nd President. He really was so much more and sacrificed a lot to conquer the goal of America having independence from Britain.

On this July 4th, I think about the men who left their families for years to guarantee that America's independence would last more than just a few years. I think about the men and women who are deployed and face danger every day. I think of those who are stationed around the world, miles away from family or have uprooted their family to live in a foreign country. I think of those who have been injured in anyway from the wars that have been fought over our country's sort life. And I think of all of the men and women who have given their lives so we could all could live free today.

No comments: