Monday, August 03, 2009

If you want to kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel



First song I heard when I got in the car this morning. First song my son ever knew the words to at age 2 1/2. So it's today's insight.

Meaning? Here is it straight from the horse's mouth:

"I've always believed that the spirit is a feminine thing," (Bono) says. "Mysterious Ways" is not about a particular woman. It is about women in general, and the way they entrance, and often dominate men. Says Bono, "At times I do tend to idealize women. It's easy to fall into the trap of separating them into angels and devils for the sake of the drama. But there's no way that there's ever anything anti-women involved. Our songs are not politically correct. They are written from a man's point of view. He's wrestling with different things, there's a flash of anger and hurt here and there. But I don't think women come out badly." ~ Into The Heart by Niall Stokes

Interesting, eh?

No comments: