Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Corey Haim - Be at Peace...


March 10, 2010 I awoke to the news that Corey Haim died. He was only 38.

Corey Haim was one of my first heart throbs. His photos in Teen Beat and Tiger Beat littered my walls. Of the two Coreys, he was the one that I thought was the cutest and funniest.


See that smile?!? That slanted, cocky quirk of the lips on his baby face was on of the things that I found so charming about him.

I think I watched all of his non-B rated movies at least a dozen times each. In fact, I as an adult I bought DVD versions of some of my favorites. One of them being Dream a Little Dream.



Haim didn't play the main character, Feldman did but I still loved Haim's character Dinger. A goofy, lovable guy who broke his leg as a result of his mother backing over him so he had to walk with a cane.

And of course License to Drive was an amazing movie. I have no idea how many times I watched it.

In recent years Corey has admitted to being a drug addict and had gone through rehab several times. It's speculated that he died from an overdose - although other reports from family and friends don't seem to back that up. Regardless of how he died, I will always remember him as the cutie with the slanted smile that stole my teen-aged heart.

I hope you have found peace, Corey.

No comments: