Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Trust your gut

You know how you have that gut instinct. You know, down deep when something tells you, “this is not right” or “this person is probably not trustworthy.” Well, most times I listen to the instinct but I did not with a particular friend (don’t worry, it’s none of you…she doesn’t even know this blog exists).

Sometimes you want to give a person the benefit of the doubt. Or maybe it is that you are just so lonely that having a conversation; meaningless banter about ebay auctions and the mail postage rate going up. Through months and months of banter my gut instinct started to prove true about this person right before Christmas. Yet, I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt once again, but this time with my guard up. Well, tonight was the last straw…

Wow, do I wish I would have listened to my gut a LONG time ago. Maybe this wouldn’t hurt as bad then as it does now.

ALWAYS trust your gut. Most times than not, it is right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry - I know that must be disappointing for you. At least you know your gut wasn't misleading you! But just learn from this and move on - don't beat yourself up about not listening to your inintial instincts. You were just doing what any decent person would - giving her that "one last chance" and I would have done the same thing. Take pride in yourself knowing you did the good thing =)