Tuesday, May 04, 2010

40 cents = 2 lifesaving pills




After watching this video, it made me realize how much of an impact something so small can make in a life. Small enough that anyone can help.

For over 20 years I have educated myself and tried to educate others about AIDs. At the time I heard Ryan White's story and from there I exploded in wanting to know and make sure others knew the facts on AIDs and HIV.

In 2006, Bono helped launch the (RED) Campaign. In short, people like you and me buy Product (RED) items and a portion of the money goes to buying drugs that help people afflicted with AIDs in Africa. Being that one of my most favorite guys in the world was setting change in motion for a cause I deeply believe in, I of course jumped on the band wagon immediately.

To me,, Product (RED) is a win-win situation for everyone. I buy a product I like and part of the proceeds (depends on the vendor) go directly to providing drugs for Africans with AIDs. The GAP is one of my favorite Product (RED) participants. Most of their shirts cost about $30. The GAP gives HALF - yes, HALF of the proceeds to (RED)! That means i get to wear I shirt I like and one person in Africa is given life saving drugs for over a month!

If you're not into The GAP, there are many other vendors. You can spend a little or you can spend a lot. Follow this link to check out what other vendors offer Product (RED) items and how much they will donate from your purchase: http://www.joinred.com/#shopred

Anyone can make a difference; even you.

No comments: