Sunday, September 13, 2009

It was a Beautiful Night!

Yesterday was beyond amazing! Seeing U2 perform for the first time during their North American tour....being present at the event was something more special than I can actually say! Our seats were AMAZING to say the least! It was the closest I have ever seen them at any of the last 5 concerts I have attended.

I do have to say that the concert had a completely different feel than I had ever experienced than anything they have done in the past. The last two tours seemed intimate. This tour it felt like there was a disconnect. It was not at all the intention that the band had - they wanted the audience to feel like they were a 5th member of the band. Don't get me wrong, the concert was amazing! It was just different.

They also played a few songs from the past that i have never heard them perform live before: The Unforgettable Fire was among them as well was Ultra Violet. And there were some songs that they did not play that I had heard played live every other time I had seen them: Bullet the Blue Sky and Until the End of the World.

The night was amazing though. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I consider myself extremely lucky to get tickets and seriously awesome seats.


No comments: