Saturday, March 04, 2006

Yes, I am also a wanna be....

Ok, I’m also a Rachel Ray wannabe hehe (For more on Rachel Ray check here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/rachael_ray/article/0,1974,FOOD_9928_1702057,00.html )

I was recently reminded of how much of a fan I am of hers because I finally got my knife sharpened…oh…my lovely knife that is the same one Rachel used on her 30 min meals show! I love my knife and couldn’t make do without it! I have had it for about 4 years now and FINALLY got something to sharpen it on my own. Let me tell you that this knife was brought back to LIFE!

I remember when I first started watching the show – it was a year or so after me and my husband were married. I was excited to see good meals be prepared in about 30 mins! I was also happy to see a chef saying that there’s not problem with taking short cuts without losing great flavor!

So I started asking for Rachel Ray things…a Cuisenart chopper, her knife (which I researched carefully before requesting it as a gift), a wood cutting board (safes your knives from getting dull), a garbage bowl (to save on trips to the trash can – although I use a plastic grocery bag…makes it easy on clean up), and I even stopped using my garlic press and started mincing like she does! If you know Rachel, everything has garlic in it so I have seen her mince this with her knife many times ;)

No comments: