Monday, February 20, 2006

Oprah’s Show on Debt – SHOCKING!

Let me tell you that if you haven’t seen this show you need to check out this link: http://www2.oprah.com/money/debtdiet/money_debtdiet_main.jhtml That link could have information that will change your life!

One of the MOST shocking things I heard on that show was that 70% of Americans have credit card debt (or maybe it was debt in general over a certain amount – I can’t remember) but I was floored and so was Oprah lol! My husband and I are among those who are in CC debt but we won’t be there for long! In the next few months it will be completely gone and we will start tackling some of my husband’s student loans.

Honestly, we thought we would NEVER get out of the hole that we were in when we were first married almost 4 years ago. It wasn’t until we were married for about 6 months that my husband was introduced to Dave Ramsey. A few months after that we saved up for the fee to take one of his classes called Financial Peace University and became graduates. It has taken us about 3 years and we will finally wave bye-bye to all our CC debt and be well on our way to financial freedom :)

When I watched Oprah’s show, I was reminded of Dave Ramsey and a lot of the suggestions they made on the show are ones that Dave himself advocates. Honestly, we owe Dave Ramsey our lives!!!! He has changed everything for us completely! When we get our tax return instead of spending it we put it on debt – yes I know people think we are weird but honestly I don’t care! That money is money we already spent and owe on – we need to get out from under it.

If you want to know more about Dave Ramsey, his plan, listen to this show or look up if there is a FPU near you go to his website at www.daveramsey.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have read Dave's book as well - and he is awesome! We have been getting out from under a lot of debt that we encurred in college and we are alsmot there as well - by the middle of this year we should be done with all of our cards, etc... then the only bills we will have will be one car payment, Michael's school loans and mortgage! So we feel so much better just knowing that we are almost there and that we are almost free! Congrats on your progress! =) We can celebrate together!